Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm Loving - Bell Jars

Recently I have developed an obsession with bell jars. Although I only own a few of my own I seem to be spotting them everywhere.
These three classic cloche jars are from Barreveld International and DK Living , one of my favorite sources. They are a, "to the trade only", source for glass, garden, and tabletop accessories as well as a myriad of other yummy do-dads. They offer a large variety of shapes and sizes.



Glass artist extraordinaire, Andy Paiko, produces fantastical creations under glass that redefine the lowly bell jar.

Artist Katherine Gray takes a whimsical approach to this classic element using shape and color to great effect.




On a more practical ( or should I say affordable) note, even West Elm has stepped it up a notch with these interestingly shaped cloche jars.



While these beauties are not truly bell jars but cheese or dessert plates they are still in the same vein. (Neiman Marcus)

Doesn't everything look better under glass? (Neiman Marcus)

Even the long reigning queen of chunky wrought iron, Jan Barboglio throws her hat in the glass topped ring with her line of serving dished avaialble at Neimen Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment