Friday, November 28, 2008

Sears - You Suck


Tuesday evening as I was about to start planning my pie baking schedule for the following day I heard a very loud popping and snapping sound coming from my top oven. I glanced over it to see it looking something like this. Fire shooting out of the ventilation slits at the top and smoke pouring out of it. ( A definite electrical incident - not a grease fire or other cause)



Pretty soon I had a group of these guys over for a visit. They were very nice, said my house would not burn down but couldn't do anything to revive my ovens.




So I put in a call to these guys who made my super duper Kenmore double wall ovens.





I think I talked to this guy. He told me that my oven was no longer under warranty. I said " I know it's not under freaking warranty but don't you guys have some kind of guarantee that my oven won't blow a freaking gasket and catch on fire and burn my house down? He said, " No we don't". He also said, " I can send a technician out to look at it for $96.00 but I can't get one there until Friday". To this I said "What about my freaking turkey dinner?". He said" We are very busy, everyone is making turkey". I wondered, "Do they eat turkey in freaking India?". I hung up.

Thankfully we cooked our turkey dinner at my sisters house. I still have no oven and I am so pissed that I won't call Sears so they can come out and tell me what I already know. My oven is fried and I need to spend $2500 on a new one. There goes the face lift fund! Crap!

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment