Friday, April 17, 2009

Dear Kelly - I'm so Confused !

Dear Kelly,

I cannot believe that our relationship has deteriorated to this level after starting off so well. It was love at first site the first time I saw your size double 0, evening gown clad figure striking your signature "I'm so beautiful I must turn my back to the public or they will be overwhelmed" pose in front of one of your fabulously glamorous interiors. I was overcome with pride when you were photographed doing dishes in a ball gown and dripping with jewels. I made pilgrimages to the Viceroy in Santa Monica and Bergdorf Goodmans in NY just to be near you. But despite my devotion you have made a lot of promises that you just haven't kept.


You promised to fill the world with a new glamour and sophistication and yet you let yourself go to this! Where is the glitz, the glam, the lush opulance that you told us was the basis of good design? I think the honeymoon is over and you just don't care anymore. When I saw this I knew that you had given up on us.




Somewhere in the back of mind I still hoped that you would come to your senses and pull it together for the sake of our relationship but today I saw this!


Are you trying to drive me away? How can you expect me to accept this? Don't my feelings mean anything to you anymore?




I realize that I am just a mere mortal but I know when someone is phoning it in. I think it's time for us to take a break.






Call me when you 're ready to get serious again. Until then I'll think of you fondly as you were when we first met.



Seriously people, is it just me? Am I missing something? Is there some subtle level of sophistication that I am unable to detect? I thought 70's decor sucked the first time around - why are they trying to bring it back? Are there no original ideas out there anymore?

What are your thoughts?

Images via Kelly Wearstler for Sferra

No comments:

Post a Comment