Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Travel Burnout

 

The fabulous Thom Felicia and I in New York at a Withit presentation

I have really had a crazy year so far in 2010 with what seems to be non-stop travel and work.  I love it but after my recent trip to New York I have felt particularly burnt out!  Hence my lack of posting – sorry. 

 

One of my  favorite blogging buddies Michelle Morlan of Schematic Life and I at SURTEX in New York

 

I was in New York for several events. First was the Surtex show which is a tradeshow for surface and textile designers.  It is run in conjunction with the Stationary show which is huge and full of talent!   Second was the ICFF show – The International Contemporary Furnishings Fair, and it was great.  So much fun new product and innovation!  Very inspirational.

Valorie, Angelica, Me

IMG_0772

My friend Maybelline Te of Snug Furniture, Angelica, myself, Maybelline’s friend

I met my sister Valorie and my daughter Angelica in New York and they went to some of the great events around town with me.  A highlight was the opening night party for ICFF which was held in the outdoor atrium and sculpture gallery.  It was a fun and lively event attended by a great group of creative people.  We had a great time.

 The Withit ladies at dinner

Also going on in town that week was the Withit design tour.  Withit stands for Women in the Home Furnishings Industry Today and it is a fabulous group of entrepreneurial women who have made their mark in our industry.  From company CEO’s to authors and designers the group is filled with women who are making a difference in their perspective fields.  I was absolutely energized by all of them and can’t wait to meet more members.

 

IMG_0866

Thom Felicia in action.

IMG_0854

Part of the Withit group enjoying some bubbly at Safavieh

I’m off to Laguna Beach this weekend with my hubby for some badly needed R & R and then it’s back home and back to work.

 

Hope you all enjoy your holiday weekend and take time to relax and revitalize!  See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment