Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where did February Go?

 

I know I have been bust but I seem to have lost almost the entire month of February!  I cant believe I am halfway into March.  Anyway, we’ve been busy around here getting ready for several shows, new product lines and other fun stuff. 

 

JackieVonTobel_Birds _Branches 72

 

I will be exhibiting for the first time at the SURTEX show in New York in May.  Surtex  is a tradeshow where artists and designers license their art to manufacturers for application on things like fabrics, stationary, table top, etc.  I‘ve been working for the past few months creating new designs and art to show.  It is exciting but also very intimidating to put your work out there for so many other professionals to see. 

 

 TangHorse2_Web

 

I’ve also been working night and day finishing up my new book The Design Directory of Slipcovers.  It’s turning out to be a fun book and I can’t wait to see it finished.  (It won’t be on the bookstore shelves until 2012)

 

Untitled-1a

 

Here are some Parsons chair slipcovers from the book.  I desperately want to slipcover all of my furniture  but it will have to wait for the time being.  I still have more slipcovers to draw – no time for sewing right now.

 

Quadrille_poles1

 

In between those tasks I have been working on a super top secret project with the fabulous Helser Brothers.  Can you guess what it is?  I hope to have something great to show you if you are attending the IWCE show in Las Vegas in April!

How has your year been so far?  As busy as mine?  So far we seem to be off to a great start but I do wish that there were a few more hours in each day.  Let’s not forget to enjoy life as we are working our way through it.

 

~ Have a Great Day ~

No comments:

Post a Comment