Saturday, August 11, 2007

Crown Me Queen!

I write this post today to confess that I have recently been harboring an obsession with antique crowns. I love to look at them, lust after them, and try to think of ways to justify buying them. I have tried to satisfy this obsession with fake antique crowns but they just aren't doing it for me. I think I must secretly believe that I was some kind of royalty in a past life (God knows I didn't make it to such a lofty height this time around) Here are my sad little imposters. I do love them but they are a reminder to me that I do not yet posses the real thing.



The real thing can be found at one of my favorite sites Alhambra Antiques
They are located in Coral Gables Florida and they offer a huge selection of antiquities and decorative arts.





Paris Hotel Boutique is another great source for decorative antiques and curious.



Tara at Paris Parfait has quite a collection of beautiful crowns as well as everything else under the sun - I am sick with jealousy! Check out her fantastic blog about life in Paris and scouring the city of lights for hidden treasure. She is a talented writer and observer of life.



Can't remember where I found this one but I love it.

Some great books on crowns and jewels.

The Queens Jewels by Vincent Meylan


Tiara by Diana Scarisbrick
Jewels of the Tsars by Prince Michael of Greece




No comments:

Post a Comment