Friday, March 14, 2008

Miss Pedigrew Lives in a Really Bitchin Apartment

After a long day at the San Francisco Mart last week my daughter and I went to see the new movie Miss Pedigrew Lives For A Day. I was expecting a very funny movie - but it was just so so with some weird pseudo lesbian undertones and bad casting.

Normally this would irritate me but I was too busy being blown away by the great set design - it was awesome!!!!


Satin upholstery, fur rugs, gold leafed walls, Art Deco and Art Nuevo accessories galore. The sets - particularly the apartment - were fascinating stylized snapshots of that era - prewar Brittan 1939. It reminded me fondly of all the vintage films I loved as a kid and still tune in to see on TCM.


If you 're looking for a flick to see this weekend - give it a try. The movie might disappointed but the eye candy won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment