Tuesday, May 6, 2008

If Furniture Could Talk


I was browsing through 1st Dibbs today and ran across this fantastic Billy Baldwin upholstered bed still wearing its original kelly green velvet upholstery. I would love to know the back story behind this bed. Who was it made for? - where did it live? - what did it see???- what did it's bedroom look like?

I was really struck by how current the design remains as is evident by the many new chair-back beds available on the market today.


This is my favorite from Hickory White. I like the furniture legs at the base of the platform and the nail heads.


This bed has a small arm on each side as well as a wing back. It is really taking the chair design to the fullest.



Jay Jeffers seems to be a big fan of this style bed and he uses them to great effect in many of his rooms.



Henredon's version



Oly Studio has a sleek modern version.



Transitional Charles P Rogers in leather.



Love the top of the wing backs on this model by Charles P Rogers.

If our furniture could talk what would it say about us? My furniture would be pretty boring, how about yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment