Friday, October 10, 2008

Since we're broke I'm thankful that:


As our country and the entire world are headed for a serious "financial slump" ( more like a spiraling nose dive) I am thankful for the following:

  • I have been poor before and I am confident I could do it again in style.
  • I am an expert seamstress and could make fashionable clothing and home decor out of a potato sack (do they still have those? - I might have to use hefty bags)
  • I'm not a highfalutin gourmet - I can get by on tuna and crackers with the occasional pasta dish or peanut butter & jelly sandwich thrown in.
  • I never got on the Starbucks train so I won't miss my expensive daily coffee fix.
  • I don't drink alcohol at home so my happy hour won't be affected.
  • I have already lost my girlish figure so shopping is not really a priority for me, I won't miss the mall.
  • I work at home so gas is not an issue - I only need to make it a few blocks away to the local grocery store.
  • I have enough crap in my garage for a thousand yard sales that could generate some serious cash if I ever got off my butt to sort it all out. That day may be coming!


Things I can't live without:
  • Diet coke with crushed ice
  • Work
  • Scented candles
  • Never ending home improvement projects
  • The internet
  • TV
  • Electricity
  • Air conditioning & heat
  • Toilet Paper

Have a great weekend - Spend sometime being thankful instead of worrying.

No comments:

Post a Comment