Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Can't Believe It's December

I can't believe that is already December ~ where did the rest of the year go? Time always seems to fly by unless you're waiting for something special and then it dribbles slowly. This is what my house looked like last December (might have been January ~ but it's sometime in winter anyway) I had a lot of fun just sitting at my desk in my kitchen watching the snow fall for a whole week straight. Very unusual for Vegas ~ Global warming????


The local weather man says there is a chance of snow tomorrow and I am so hoping he is right! I love to pretend that we have winter here. We get to have a bit of fun with a few snowflakes but don't have to shovel anything. The only drawback is that unusually cold temps drive the scorpions out of their hiding places. My husband had to squish one just the other night at 3:00 am while walking to the bathroom. We never had a problem with them until last year ( more global warming? )

When winter rolls around I always look up The National Gingerbread Competition at The Grove Park Inn in Asheville NC. This years entries, while beautiful, seem a bit conservative and almost somber. Maybe it's a sign of the times. What do you think?


Grand Prize Winner


First Prize Winner


Second Prize Winner


Third Prize Winner



It seems the housing crisis has even hit the Gingerbread world! Bummer........

No comments:

Post a Comment