Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Ottoman Empire

No! - Not those Ottomans! The upholstered variety.


I've always had a soft spot in my design heart for ottomans. They are versatile, stylish, and functional. I never knew a room that couldn't use one. Here is a collection of my recent favs.


Bright Red Ruffles from HollyHock. I really like the updated country look of this frilly oval.


A similar oval shape with a sophisticated tailored box pleated ruffle is available from Old Hickory Tannery. Also from Old Hickory Tannery this unique draped ottoman shown below is tufted on the top with a free flowing skirt. It looks like a blanket has been thrown over it. This would be great in a bedroom.


Antique mirror paired with a sleek upholstered top makes for high style in these two fabulous pieces from Amy Howard. I love it when items are offered in multiple shapes and sizes that you can mix and match.

Hate the fabric choices in these pictures but love the exotic shape of these boxy ottomans from Century. I have done this one in white leather with black leather trim and it is stunning.


Barbara Barry uses oriental overtones spice up this piece. I like the angle of the upholstered top and the legs are a show stopper. You can find this beauty at Barbara Barry for Baker.



The cabriole legs and classic nail head detail are offset here by the high, square, lightly tufted, cushion. I just love the lines of this one from Dino Mark Anthony.

Another great find from Dino Mark Anthony is this Quartet of tufted squares. This is such a versatile design and I love the legs.

A trio of traditionally inspired bench ottomans from Oly. Don't you love the reversed cabriole leg at the back and the claw feet?


This zebra covered version also from Oly would surely make a dramatic statement.

I think the design of this oriental is flawless. You can pick it up at Century.



Another Century oval has a lovely banded skirt. This piece could be very soft and mellow as it is shown in this cream linen or you could really spice it up with a more dramatic color contrast.


Two adorable leather drums with nail heads from Old Hickory Tannery.



I like the unique shape of this Burton James ottoman. It looks like a biscotti!
Finally an updated classic with a tall cabriole leg and a nice curve in the frame with a tight cushion from Henredon.

No comments:

Post a Comment