Tuesday, September 18, 2007

These Guys Give Me the Blues

The "Dynamic Duo" of William Diamond and Anthony Baratta have certainly carved an impressive niche in the world of the design elite. Publishing over 75 projects over the course of their careers is an outstanding accomplishment. I admire their business sense and ability to market themselves to the uber rich, but I have never been a super huge fan of some of their decor. Many of their projects appeal to me but some are a bit too jarring and kitschy for my personal tastes. But who am I to judge? They are the design superstars not me!


I was looking through their website the other day, trying to decide whether or not I would pluck down some serious bucks for their new book, I was surprised to see that it was exclusively stocked with photos of blue rooms. Traditional blue rooms - modern blue rooms - whimsical blue rooms. Blue, Blue, Blue.


Blue & White - Black & White (love those chairs but I know there's blue in that room somewhere - wait - one of them is wearing a blue shirt, tie & hanky! I knew it!)


Yellow & White - Blue & White again - a ton of Blue Plaid! Love the pastel bedroom- I want that carpet.


Blue & White with super Bright Accents


Light Blue & White - Red, White & Blue (for that crazy Hampton's crowd!)


More Red, White & Blue ( I like the slip covers on the dining chairs)


More Blue & White ( the room at the top left is gorgeous)


Finally! - a wild card - Turquoise Blue & White. ( I dig this whole pad - it's very groovy but fun. I love the hallway with all the drapery)

Now please don't think I am Diamond - Baratta bashing. I'm not. I just don't get it! I feel like I'm missing something that everyone else understands.

Don't their clients get sick of seeing each other's Blue interiors?
Don't the guys get sick of working with Blue?
Is this just a small Blue cross-section of their current work?
Their accolades in HG and other Design mags say that they are geniuses in working in different styles. Is this because they only use Blue?
Even their book cover is Blue?
Does anyone have the book? Are all the photos Blue?

I am sure they have a wealth of current projects that are not blue - I would just like to see them. However, as they are uber famous world renowned designers I am sure they do not need my vote of approval on their blue streak.

Maybe I need to choose a signature color?? What should it be?? Hmmmm? Blue!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment