Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Target - Love it or Hate it ?

I have found that many people, especially designers, have strong feelings about mega retailer Target. They either love it or hate with equal passion. Personally, I am a Pottery Barn hater. I can't really explain why. They have some very cool stuff. I think it comes from years of my clients showing me their Pottery Barn catalog and asking me to copy it. Or it could be that I am envious of their creative director, one of the most stylish and creative women on earth.

For some reason I feel the opposite about Target. I am a Target lover. I even look to Target to follow trends as they seem to really be on top of the market. I love that everything is cheap in price but fairly sturdy and it looks like products that sell for a ton more else ware.

Check out these new Target finds:



Super cool vanity Fedella Mirror in a gunmetal finish. I love the shape of it - very 1940's . The mirrored jewelry box is fabulous. Linen Coasters from Victoria Hagen come in yellow and blue. The black cast iron tea pot has a serious Zen feel.


Table ware seems to be an area where Target really excels. I chose a black and white theme but there were many nicely designed motifs to choose from. Patterns shown above are:
Damask Black Ring Curly Que


Gallerie Collection Glassware


Hampton Forge San Remo Flatware Hampton Forge Mirasol Flatware


Victoria Hagen vases



Cool Rugs and Lamps.


Make sure you check out the entire Victoria Hagen Collection. She has great stuff.

Target.com has a much better selection than at my local Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment